Saturday, January 20, 2007

Asin: Glamour no problem

Asin: Glamour no problem
Asin the cute homely girl in M Kumaran s/o Mahalaxmi has many offers from Tamil films.She started out in Malayalam and struck big time in Telugu. After Kumaran she has signed a film opposite Ajit and a film with Surya. She speaks about her career moves.
Coming from a rich family what was the reason for you to enter films?

In studies I am a top ranker. I wanted to take the civil services exam. From childhood I picked up interest in business. At the age of 14 yrs. I bagged ‘best young entrepreneur’ award. My photos in the press got me modeling offers. I did 60 ads. I first got an offer from Malayalam industry from director Kamal when I was in 9th std. for the film Niram. But I could not take it up due to exams. My first film was in Malayalam. It was Narendran Maghan Jaykanthan with Boban and directed by Sathyan Anthicaud’s Boban. That film ran for 100 days.In Tamil director Jeeva introduced me with in his film Ullam Ketkume.

Are you satisfied with your role in M Kumaran...

My role is very pivotal in the film. I bagged the Filmfare Award for original Telugu version Amma Nanna O’ Tamila Ammayi. There it’s a Tamil speaking girl.Here as a malayali girl the role became even more better. Jeyam movies unit were all friendly in short an enriching experience with the whole unit. We all moved like a family due to which I never felt I am new to this industry. Director Raja is methodical and planned.In fact his suggestion that I dub in my own voice since I am a malayali girl speaking Tamil went down well with the audience.

You are branded an unlucky heroine..

I am not bothered about it. My first film Ullam Ketkumae is stuck not due to me. After kumaran I think all this should have changed.

Tamil heroines have to expose ..

No problem about that. I will be glamourous but will not do vulgar scenes or say double meaning dialogues.

You smoked a beedi in Kumaran. Do you smoke in real life?

I hate smoking and smokers.

No comments: