Friday, January 19, 2007

Preity Zinta - Interview

Preity Zinta


"I've never claimed to be a close friend of Rani's"

Preity Zinta is one of the few actresses who can laugh at anything and every thing! She can kill you with her witty jokes and cracks. Just when everyone thought that the Bharat Shah controversy will take her underground, she surprised everyone by talking about it openly. Preity has been in news for several reasons, her split with long time beau Marc Robinson, her alleged affair with the deadly Sanjay Dutt, her print war with Kareena Kapoor and last but not the least her stupendous success!

Where had you disappeared for such a long time?


Due to my hectic schedule I was constantly travelling around the world. Then I took off for a month to my native place for my brother's wedding. Plus, I had to do a couple of shows. All that really kept me busy. Now, I'm back with a bang!

Insiders say that you were keeping a low profile because of the Bharat Shah controversy?

Like I told you that I wasn't in the country for almost three months. But, I was avoiding the media because I didn't want to comment on the Bharat Shah fiasco.

During that phase a couple of your films like Farz and Chori Chori Chupke Chupke released and even bombed. Comment?

Farz was one of my first assignments. That time the subject looked fresh and promising, it was unfortunate that the film took so long in the making. As a result it looked outdated. It was the first time I was working with Sunny Deol and hoped that it'd do well. Chori Chori Chupke Chupke did reasonable good business commercially. I guess the postponement of the film somewhere backfired!

A lot of people thought that in CCCC you didn't look convincing in the character of a call girl.

On the contrary a lot of people have told me that I did complete justice to it. Look, I neither wore obscene clothes nor showed much of skin, which is the image we have of call girls. I tried to look cheap with my expressions. Somewhere I thought it worked!

Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega and now in CCCC, you seem to steal the show from your good friend Rani Mukherjee everytime?

Don't be crazy! I couldn't overshadow Rani in both the films. In Har Dil Jo Pyar Kerega hers was the performance oriented role while all I did was run around the trees. Even in CCCC I appear on the screen after 55 minutes, almost before the interval.


Don't you think that your friendship with Rani Mukherjee seems to be over hyped?

I've never claimed to be a close friend of Rani's. We are friendly because we've done two films together and Rani, like me is a complete chilled out person and makes working together a real pleasure.

No comments: