Friday, January 19, 2007

Interview with Reema Sen

Interview with Reema Sen


Dhanush Tamil Actor Interview


The hot-hotter-hottest - Reema Sen - Exclusive Interview


Reema Sen is the hot sensation in Kollywood today. With the bumper opening of her film Chellamay, Reema is the happiest gal these days. A stunning performance combined with sizzling looks has put her in number one position in Tamil. She speaks in an exclusive interview to Editor, Galatta.com

How did you accept to do a role with a newcomer and that too with lot of intimate scenes?

I am always open to anyone, if my role is good. It doesn’t matter even if they are newcomers. Chellamay’s subject revolves around me and so I just grabbed it. I never ever selected a movie on the strength of the cast and other details. For that matter when we were shooting, from the day one I never felt VisReema Senhal was a newcomer. He was very good. And again it was the subject that demanded such close scenes. After all it’s acting only.

What’s your opinion about actresses who act nude (Manisha in Ek Choti Se Love Story, Seema Biswas in Bandit Queen)? Will you do such roles?

No way. Even if they offer in crores I am not for nude acting. I strongly believe that we as actresses have some responsibilities in the society. Because today’s youngsters ape the stars. This will set a bad precedent for them.

Why do you accept “item numbers” like in Jay Jay and cameo roles like in Dhool?

I feel rather proud to do item numbers. Only if you have a star value, the producer’s feel that by including a glamour number of mine it would elevate the value of the film. I am not apologetic by doing Dhool. It is more difficult to play a highly dumb role in Dhool. Yet people like it. That’s the success.

Why do Mumbai girls are preferred lot in South?

Bombay girls come in a package. They are all highly glamorous, fashion conscious, makeup sense, figure conscious, exposed to modeling and groomed in all aspects required for a heroine material.

What’s your dream role?

I want to do the role of a girl full of trouble and how she manages to face the odds in life and come up in life.

No comments: