Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nayanthara: A Dream comes true

Nayanthara: A Dream comes true
For the Kerala lass it was a dream come true to act opposite Rajnikant. Her first film in Tamil `Ayya’ too is doing well. Her lucky streak started in Malayalam when her first film Manasinakkare was a super hit. She has since been lucky to be in hit films. She speaks about her excitement on acting with the Superstar.
How did you get the opportunity to act in Chandramukhi?

I am a great fan of Rajni and seen almost all of his films. When P Vasu sir called me and asked me whether I would do the film I was very excited. Even though Jothika is the heroine I was happy to be in the film because it is a life time opportunity.

How did Ayya happen?

Ayya’s director Hari sir saw my Malayalam film and invited me. When I heard the subject and my role of a pavada dhavani clad girl I was even happier to play a Tamil village belle in my first film.

Did you groom yourself for a film career?

In fact everything was an accident. A friend and photographer took my photos and gave it to Vanitha. It came on the cover of the magazine. Some ad agencies called me for ads. Seeing my ads only did Sathyan Anthikad gave me the offer to act in Manasinakkare with Jayram as hero. It was the comeback film of Sheela. What more can a debutante seek?

Don't you know that acting with older heroes is not good for your career?

I don’t know the reason for that. Those who saw Ayya say that I look more old than the real me. I think the hairstyle is changed to give me an older look. Anyway I have no regrets .Are they all not big actors?

Are you not willing to do glamour?

In my films so far I have no glamour roles. In Ayya to a certain extent there is glamour in the songs. I am not averse to glamour but only to a certain extent.

What is the difference between acting in Malayalam and Tamil films?

Malayalam is my mother tongue so I known what my dialogues mean but in Tamil I have to depend on someone else. Otherwise acting is the same in both the languages. In Tamil the work is slow and takes more days but in Malayalam the work is very fast.

How come you have a name like Nayanthara?

I wanted a name, which nobody would have in any state. Secondly I should not be identified with any state. The name should be universal. All the same I am a Keralite. My father’s name is Suriyan and mother’s name is Omana.

What is your opinion about Tamil films and fans?

Tamil films offer good roles and subjects. Very good crop of directors is here. Tamilnadu welcomes you easily and accepts you easily. A very homely crowd. Once they like you then they go crazy. Very passionate about films.

Tamil films and gossip go hand in hand…

I think if you lead a clean life you would not get into gossip coloumns. Most of the gossip turns out to be true and so people believe it. I think if you are leading a good decent life then gossip writers will not write about you. Despite that if you are written about then just ignore it.

Are you for love marriage or arranged marriage?

Too early to think about marriage. I don't want to marry. The reason is that nobody in this earth lives exclusively for you. I want my hubby to be mine and only mine. Infidelity is very high and this has put me off from marrying. I don't think my parents will force me into marriage.

No comments: