Saturday, January 20, 2007

Asin - Interview

Dhanush Tamil Actor Interview
I am comfortable in Tamil - Asin - Interview


She hails from a rich business family from Kerala. A young business entrepreneur and a professional Bhrathanatyam dancer she has bagged several Kerala state awards. A stint of modeling assignments drifted her to silver screen. Though she was brought to Tamil by cinematographer/director Jeeva in Ullam Ketkume, her first released film was editor Mohan’s M.Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi with Jeyam Ravi. She is Asin, the petite and beautiful actress. She speaks to Editor, G.com in an exclusive interview.

Tell us your experience in M.Kumaran S/O Mahalakshmi?
I play a Malayali girl who visits Chennai and how she finds her place in Ravi’s family. I am one of the three pivotal roles in the film. I had lot of scope to perform. I bagged the Filmfare Award for original Telugu version Amma Nanna O’ Tamila Ammayi. There it’s a Tamil speaking girl. It was an enriching experience with the whole unit. We all moved like a family and never felt I am new to this industry. Director Raja is meticulous and plans the whole schedule well in advance.

You being from Kerala how did the idea of dubbing your own voice come?
The heroine in the movie plays the character of a Malayalam accented Tamil speaking Keralite settled in Chennai. As it is I speak Tamil with Mallu accent only. So director Raja felt that my dubbing would go well with the character. I also thought why not I take a shot. Now from the reviews I realized that the director’s decision was correct.

How did film entry happen to you?
I was a studious student in school and wanted to take up civil services when I grew up. Watching my father doing business I also picked up interest in business when I was 14 yrs. I bagged ‘best young entrepreneur’ award and got lot of coverage in media. Modeling offers came and I did 60 ads. Amruthanjan, AVT Premium Tea, Hayagrivas, Air Cell and BPL are some of the popular ads. I first got an offer from Malayalam industry from director Kamal when I was in 9th std. for the film Niram. But I could not take it up due to exams. Later my entry in Malayalam happened with Satyam Anticaud’s film Narendran Magan with Kunchako Boban. That film ran for 100 days.
In Tamil director Jeeva brought me with his film Ullam Ketkume.

Are you disappointed the Goutham’s Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam being shelved?
Yes I am. I was looking forward a lot working with Surya and Goutham.


You are acting in all South languages. How do you find Tamil industry?
They are very professional yet friendly. I am very comfortable here.

What are your future films?
I am doing Mirattal with Ajith. Two more films are under consideration.

No comments: