Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rehman working on his own symphony

Rehman working on his own symphony
After a long interval, music director A R Rehman is now fully concentrating on Tamil movies.

Rehman is busy composing tunes for Ajith''s Godfather and S J Suryah''s A Aah.

Of course, he has his commitments in Hindi and is also scoring tunes for an English musical.

Rehman is happy to be back in Tamil that shaped him up. "Since I was busy with my earlier commitments, I could not concentrate on Kollywood now. However I am back here with great enthusiasm and energy."

A quick chat with the music genius.
What are the movies you are currently working?

Godfather is nearing completion. Then I have A Aah followed by a movie titled Jil Endru Oru Kadhal starring Surya. I have composed a song for Jil Endru Oru Kadhal which I am sure would become anthem among youngsters.

Will you score music for low budget movies?

I am not averse to working in small budget films. I am more keen on working with a good unit. I love to work with director Manirathinam for he always strives for excellence. How many directors today aim for perfection ? If I get the right team, I would work for any producer.

When you score music for Bollywood and Chinese films, how do you adapt yourself to the environment?

Whenever I work in any language, I understand their culture, know about the people of the region as well. A song can reach masses only if the tunes reflect the culture of the land.

What's your dream project?

I am keeping it a secret. I want to do a symphony. I have begun my work towards it. The symphony is an inspiration of a Sufi story. I want to name the symphony Conference of the Bird. Very soon I will begin my work towards it.

It is said that you take huge money to score music?

I am not keen on making money. Had I wanted to make quick money, I would have made it when I was scoring advertisement jingles before Roja. God has given me this talent and I hope to continue with it according to his wishes.

No comments: