Friday, January 19, 2007

Trisha - Interview Exclusive 4 in 1

Vijay Tamil Actor Interview

Trisha - Interview

"Competition push you to perform better" – Trisha


Trisha struck gold once again with her latest flick Ghillli with Vijay and with the super-duper success of Varsham in Telugu she has become the Numero Uno. Her much awaited Mani Ratnam’s Aaitha Ezhuthu is releasing on 21st May. Currently she is acting in G opposite Ajith, Thiruppachi with Vijay in Super Good Films and half - a – dozen Telugu films. Excerpts from her interview to Galatta.comSimbu Tamil Actor Interview


How did films happen?

It happened through modeling. When I received Priyadharshan's offer, I liked the role. I accepted it because it was a good launch.

Normally film stars move to modeling and acting in TV, but it was the other way round for you.
Yes, initially there was a preconceived notion that models cannot act but today that has been broken and a lot of models are acting in films.

How do you choose your roles?
My first priority is to the director. Like if it is Mani Ratnam its no problem. The next priority is to the script and my role.

Your experience in acting in Mani Ratnam's film and your role in Aaitha Ezhuthu
It was a wonderful experience to work with Mani Ratnam and he is one director who can even make a stone act. Can't say much about my role in Aaitha Ezhuthu except for that my name is Meera in the film and I'm paired opposite Siddarth and for the first time I've dubbed myself. I'll be known for my character which I'm playing in the film since I was trained by Mani Ratnam.
Simbu Tamil Actor Interview
You are numero uno in Telugu. Will you drift to Telugu?
Yes, I know the response in Telugu is amazing and I like the way people work there. I will give priority to both Tamil and Telugu may be do 4 Tamil and 4 Telugu movies in a Year. There will be a balance so that I don’t abscond from both the industry.

Your Future Tamil films
Mani Ratnam's Aaitha Ezhuthu is ready for release. I am doing G with Ajith, Thiruppachi with Vijay and another Linguswamy's movie at the end of the year.

Any Hindi offers?
I was offered a few roles but there was nothing interesting for me to accept.

Your views on competition
There are a lot of new comers in the industry but it is evident that only very few last. Competition is very important because that gives you the push to perform better. I welcome healthy competition which is good.

Your favorite food joint
I'm a foodie and like all coffee shops in Chennai because of the variety they offer. Otherwise Continental is my favorite. Simbu Tamil Actor Interview

How do you maintain your "Hour Glass" figure?
Only I know it's not an "hour glass" (Laughs). Basically it's my metabolism that I don't tend to put on weight. Besides the heavy duty dancing that we do in shooting everyday is exercise by itself.

Your favorite holiday
In India it's Kodai and Ooty because that's the place where one can chill out. Abroad it's New York because I was brought up there. It's like home away from home.

Your opinion on dating
I don't believe in a blind date simply because I don't like to go out with somebody I don't know. Yes I do go out with my friends, girls and boys but no special date


Vijay Tamil Actor Interview

Trisha - Interview





Trisha
has attained a numero uno status after her blockbuster Ghillli. She is not an exception to be bitten by gossip mongers. Considering it as an occupational hazard, she dismisses them as baseless and not to be believed. Trisha clarifies the frightening rumours surrounding her with Galatta.com in an exclusive interview


Comment on your so called link up with Vijay?

SinSimbu Tamil Actor Interviewce the shooting of Ghillli was taking place at a remote place in the forest one had no choice but to chat with co – artistes. In due course Vijay and I became friends. When he hosted a party for the success of the movie, I also celebrated my birthday in the party due to my friendship with his family. Would you call it an affair? (grins)

Rumours have it that your father is working in a city hotel and so he was thrown out of the house. Comment.
My father holds a senior post in the hotel and there is nothing wrong about working. In fact I’m proud of him. This story is baseless and I don’t have to show the world my affection towards my dad through an explanation.

There was news that you met with a serious accident and also tried to commit suicide, Simbu Tamil Actor Interviewcomment?
Don’t believe in such rumors, they are all absurd and baseless. If any such thing happens I would rather face it than trying to end my life. Whoever is spreading these rumors are wasting their time and not going to achieve their goal

There are many fans who are worried about you and sent e-mails through Galatta.com . What’s your message for them?
I am thankful for your messages and am indeed very much touched by your gestures. For all those who have advised me to be careful, all I would like to say that I will take your advice seriously. I would like to make one thing very clear that all these rumors are making me more determined to attain the goals that I’ve set for myself and in no way they deter me from achieving them.


Trisha

'I am balancing between Tamil and Telugu' – Trisha

trisha
Trisha has always been in the news for wrong reasons. Before the mull-over of hundred versions of her fake hot internet bathing episode subsides, there is another controversy about her shifting priority to Telugu films especially after the super success of Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana. Trisha once termed a non starter in Tamil is today synonymous with success. She is the first choice for filmmakers in Tamil and Telugu. In an exclusive chat with the Editor of G.com, Trisha clears all misgivings about her. Excerpts from her interview

Is that true that you refuse Tamil offers and shifted bag and baggage to Hyderabad?
No way! Why would I do that? I am trying to balance between Tamil and telugu. I would love to do Tamil films. If the subject is good, I would definitely take up. Now I have signed a movie for Gemini productions opposite Surya and Hari is directing it. This will be starting after Surya completes Ghajini. In the meantime I would complete my Telugu project. All said and done telugu industry has put me on a pedestal. Its just I am spacing my films. A simple planning and calculation. I am very much in Chennai. Shuttling between Chennai and Hyderabad.

Then why did you refuse the Tamil remake of your Telugu block-buster Varsham?
I never refused the offer. It was because I had already committed to a Telugu film on the dates they wanted. Moreover I had to drench in rains for almost 40 days for Varsham. I was terribly sick throughout the shooting of Varsham, I did not want to undergo the nightmarish days again. No doubt Varsham gave a strong foothold in Telugu.trisha

That reminds me about the buzz that you have purchased a palatial bungalow for a whopping price in a posh locality in Chennai. Is that true?
(With a typical impish smile on her face) Yeah… sort of! I have purchased a bungalow in the heart of Chennai in Cenatoph Road. It’s called the ‘Cheddah house’. I want to change the interiors to my taste. But I need time for this. I may be taking a break in April for 15 days to redo the interiors and shift on an auspicious day. At least will you guys believe now that I am still here around?

You were reduced to nothing in Tiruppachi. Comment.
True! Lot of portions was cut due to the length. I was really disappointed but I have consoled myself that it just happens to any actress. Will they dare touch hero’s portions?. Thank god, the film is doing extremely well.

What about Ji?
I am happy about the rave reviews for my acting. I would say I enjoyed each and every bit of working in Ji. Lingusamy is a brilliant director. Dharani (in Ghillli) and Lingusamy have brought out the potentiality in me. But the concern now is that the film which had a fantastic opening is grossing average collections only. It’s sad, despite so many nice aspects in Ji, the film fails with the masses.trisha

Have you recovered from that horrifying fake internet bathing episode?
Basically I am a tough girl. I went through hell on those three days after this internet scene provided fodder to national press. I could not sleep or eat, but to break down in tears. What was worse, I had to report for my Telugu film shooting. Thanks to my mom and friends who stood with me in crisis.

Tell us about your brand endorsements.
Already I have endorsed Cadburys Perk. Now I will be the brand ambassador for Fanta and TATA Indicom products for the year 2005.

What are your future assignments?
I have Athadu and a couple of films in Telugu. Director Hari’s film with Surya in Tamil will commence in the year end.



Dhanush Tamil Actor Interview

“The Telugu Industry welcomed me with a red carpet” - Trisha unplugged


Trisha once termed a non starter is today synonymous with success. She is the first choice for filmmakers in Tamil and Telugu. Saamy and Ghillli in Tamil and Varsham in Telugu has taken her to the top rungs. She is paired with Vijay as her costar in Thirupaachi and Ji with Ajith. In Telugu she is acting in NNN under Prabhu Deva's direction with Siddharth as her costar and Athadu with Mahesh Babu in Trivikram's direction. In an exclusive interview to the editor of G.com, Trisha unwinds and speaks about herself.

How about taking a shot at performance oriented roles keeping the National award in mind?
So far I have been associated with box office hits. Now that I am established I am expecting more matured roles. But not many heroine-oriented roles are coming these days. That's the sad state of affairs in Tamil. trisha

You can always opt for roles which give importance to the heroine?
Earlier days when you see films of Sivaji and the like, a woman had an equal role to play and of late its like you really need to pick and choose to see if it is a heroine oriented role or not. I don't have much of an opinion on this because I guess it's the trend and things keep changing at one point of time. Those days, mature actresses were really in and these days the young fresh lots are in. It's the trend that keeps changing and it’s up to you to decide what kind of films you want. Like in Ghillli, hats off to Dharani because I've never done a serious kind of role. I have always played the bubbly kind of role. He had faith in me and gave me a role which is extremely different. I've never played one like this. It also depends on the film you're given than the ones you pick.

You seem to be concentrating on Telugu films more than Tamil ones
I am doing two Tamil and two Telugu films now. More over when Varsham happened, the Telugu industry welcomed me with a red carpet. They are offering meatier roles and the money they offer me is also good. So I don't see any reason for me to reject Telugu offers.

Any particular dream role in mind?
My dream role is something like what Audrey Hepburn did in Wait until Dark. The film has only one character and that is hers. She was awesome. I also like to do a similar role that Julia Roberts did in My Best Friend's Wedding.

Why shift from Pepsi to Coke as brand Ambassador?
I had worked in the earlier Pepsi ad along with Maddy who is a brand ambassador for them, in the capacity of a model. Now I have endorsed myself as a brand ambassador for Coke for a year.

Do you endorse any charity organizations or do any philanthropic activities?
I do lot of charity activities with the available time. Recently, I visited Cancer Institute and spent time with them. I had been to Srilanka for a Rotarian meeting recently for a noble cause. I love dogs and cats. My cherished desire always is to keep a kennel in my house for the stray dogs and cats of my area and feed them. I have already started working on this and two dogs and a cat comes home regularly and we feed them. It gives immense pleasure to watch them eating with the sense of security and warmth and friendliness they exhibit are immeasurable. Though I cannot house them inside I am planning to do something in future in a big way. I wish I had more time to devote for them.

Who is the decision-maker in your life?
Myself, I always look up to my mom for suggestions and decisions. I need a second opinion from her. Otherwise I feel restless when I take a decision on my own. She always tells me 'You don't ask me, you take your own decision and I will tell you whether it is right or not.' There is a lot of faith because at the end of it she says that you should not look at me and say that 'you made me take the decision'.

What is your advice to upcoming artistes?
You have to follow your dreams. At the same time please have an alternative. If films do not happen, that's not the end of the world. So you must have something where you can fall back upon.

After Tamil and Telugu, is your next stop Bollywood?
For me language is not an issue. It's the kind of roles that matters to me. In fact director Priyadharshan had offered me a film with Salman Khan. Due to non-availability of dates I was not able to do that film. He has trishapromised to take me sometime in June next year. Couple of other Hindi offers has also come.

Are you worried that your present successful streak might end?
Quite true. Success does breed insecurity and you are always scared of losing it. There is always pressure that 'I should always continue to be successful', people expect you to be. But I think it's all in your mind. When you come in you should know that when you give a hit they call you No.1 and the next day you're next film doesn't do well you have another girl invading your position. You have to be practical and sensible enough to deal with it. Everyone has his or her time - period and it's only fair that a new set of crowd comes and takes your place. That's how it's been happening for so many years. One thing in films that has never changed so far. You need something to fall back on. Films cannot be 'the be all
and end all' of everything. There should be something else.

Are you into dating?
Honestly I was never into dating. I'm being absolutely frank. I don't like dating. I don't believe in sitting with people I hardly know and having dinner with them. That's not my cup of tea. I definitely go out with guy friends because I've studied in co-ed classes.

The secret behind your trim figure?
Normally I don't put on weight. When I was in school I was 65 kilos. At that time I went on a crash diet and I worked out. After that I've never gone back to putting on weight. I'm a total food person. Once I got busy, like shooting for song number is itself enough exercise. When I'm at home I just do mild workouts. I love swimming. It's the only form of exercise I like.

Anything you like to change about your personal self?
With some people whom I'm very close to I get very touchy about something they say in a lighter vein. I take it seriously and don’t talk to them and that's very wrong. They keep asking me what did they do and I don't give them an explanation. I think it's very stupid and very immature. Physically I want my nose to look smaller and more chiseled. I’ve even thought of an operation and everybody said ' just leave it alone. Don't do anything to your face and body'.

No comments: